Tuesday, October 22, 2019

LATEST UPDATE

 

I just republished all 4 books in the Sammy series. My in-depth review from OnLineBookClub found 10 grammatical errors and gave me a lower rating as a result. They also felt that a serial killer of rich women for profit in book 3 was too mature for my target audience.  I corrected all of the errors they mentioned but decided to take it one step further. 

 

I couldn't afford a professional editor so I installed Grammerly for MS Word and checked all 4 manuscripts. I used to get good grades in English classes so I was shocked when this editing program found so many grammatical errors. The main errors it found was either too many commas or not enough in the right places. It also pointed out words that were supposed to be hyphenated or the wrong word for the sentence, such as 'was' instead of 'were'. It also found words that should have been combined as one word, such as 'sea water' should be 'seawater'.

 

I already had some concerns about book 3 so I decided to change the history of the villain by using his occupation as a big game hunter. Instead of meeting a woman who became a victim, I changed it to a man who became his mentor. This new character was a big game hunter who taught the villain how to shoot and hunt big game in Africa.  When the man dies in a hunting accident my villain inherits everything and gets involved in the black market for exotic animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment